100% Natural Skin Care

Text Samples

Look Younger... Feel Great

Beware of fake natural claims

If It Ain't Natural...... don't say it is!

If you're like us, you're frustrated by everyone calling their products natural, even when they're not. How can you tell? Whether you are buying skin care or nutritional products, the only way to know if a product is truly natural is by understanding the ingredients it contains.

The problem with the term "natural" is that there are no official definitions for it. Believe it or not, the only standards for defining a product as "natural" are voluntary ones. There are many many companies claim their products ‘natural’  as long as they are using some natural ingredients, even when the remaining ingredients are toxic chemicals!  In other words, in the skin care world, companies call their products "natural" regardless of what's in them. We know it's crazy, but it's true. You can't always trust the claims made on product packaging, and never assume a product is truly natural because it is sold at a natural products store.

Even certifying organizations with strict standards allow the products to be called natural as long as 90% of the ingredients are natural! You should be concerned about the remaining 10 % which may cause irreversible damage to your health and wellness.

For example, the use of paraben preservatives is very common in the skin care industry. It typically constitutes 2% or less of the formulation and yet it has been implicated in a multitude of health problems, estrogenic, cancer causing, allergenic, found in breast tissue, replicates in dna, stored in fat cells etc..  Synthetic fragrances are also common in "natural" skin care. How can you, the consumer, tell? The following terms refer to a synthetic fragrance: "fragrance", "fragrance oils", "perfume", "parfum". If you see any of these terms on a label - even on a label that says "all natural" - you know the product has synthetic fragrances in it. By contrast, pure essential oils are the only truly natural scent ingredients. Also, be sure to read the ingredient panel on so called "fragrance free" or "unscented" skin care products found in grocery stores. Some products, with names like "Unscented", "Fragrance Free", or "For Sensitive Skin,", still lists fragrance inthin their ingredients. Checkout commonly used toxic skin care ingredients.

Fortunately, "100% natural" products are easy to understand. In our Newsletter coming in a few months, we'll be discussing the actual chemistry behind skin care formulation and the technical names for ingredients you sometimes see on labels.  Here are four basic rules of thumb to help you determine when a skin care product is natural:

  • It is made from cold pressed vegetable oils and botanical extracts.
  • It is scented with natural oils and extracts only, or if "unscented", is truly unscented
  • It contains no synthetic pigments, dyes, fillers or preservatives
  • SUMMARY: The ingredients should sound like plant names and are recognizable!

Whether you need natural skin care products for your personal use or for your business, be sure it is 100% all natural. "Mostly" and "Sort of" don't count.

Either a product is 100% Natural or it is not!